Since Fiscal Fizzle’s launch in 2009, I’ve published hundreds of posts here and elsewhere. New readers are often overwhelmed or simply want a shortcut to the best of the best. Consider this your introduction to the site.
Most Popular Posts
These have proven themselves over time to be the most popular posts on the blog:
- How to Sell Your Car on Craigslist
- Would You Buy a Rental Car?
- Buying a Car from Hertz Car Sales
- Can You Make a Living Recycling 10 Cent Bottles and Cans?
- Should You Buy a New or Used Car?
- Should Kids in High School Work?
- Get a Second Job and Quit Whining About Debt
- How to Save Money for a House
- Lower Cable Bill, More Services: My Story
- Is Progressive Snapshot Worth It?
- What Type of Budget Do You Use?
- YNAB 3 Review: Give Me Back My Mvelopes
- 7 Ways to Stop Eating Out from Killing Your Budget
- Introducing Joyce House – The Coupon Diva
- Writing an Awesome Personal Executive Summary
- YNAB 3.0: Second Look
- 4 Unexpected Expenses You Can Count On
- Putting Together Your Personal Profit and Loss Table
- Too Much of a Good Thing? Mortgage Prepayments
- The Lifetime Cost of Owning a Dog
Browse the Archives
If you’re more inclined to scroll your way through the entire list of posts I’ve published, visit the complete archives.
Of course, not all of the posts that I thought were important or provoked a lot of discussion made it to the most popular list. I consider all of these to be good reading in one way or another:
- 7 Ways to Find Your Financial Heart
- 15 Signs You’re in Financial Denial
- 5 Important Tasks After a New Baby’s Birth
- 5 Good Reasons Not to Save Money
- 5 Financial Items We Tend to Procrastinate
- Should Millionaires Apply for Unemployment?
- 60 Reasons Why Personal Finance is So Damn Hard
- Having the Courage to Improve Your Finances
- The Benefits of Renting: A Surprisingly Long List
- Pros and Cons of Long-Term Employment
Off the Site & Interviews
For writing I’ve done off Fiscal Fizzle, visit the guest post page for a complete list. You might also be interested in some of these interviews done with me:
- On March 20, 2011, the K-Love radio network featured my tax-time tips in their Closer Look segment.
- Thrift Culture Now (April 22, 2011)
- Green Panda Treehouse (March 28, 2009)
Some of the more awesome mentions of my site are also listed here:
- Finding Financial Values (Get Rich Slowly; September 16, 2009): J.D. Roth reacted to my post about ways to find your financial heart, calling it “an excellent article” and comparing my analysis to the work of George Kinder. As a result, the post was also picked up by MSN’s Smart Spending blog.
To find out more about the history of the blog and my story, please visit the About page.
I hope you enjoyed this tour of the site. To make sure you don’t miss anything new, please consider subscribing to my site. This is completely free and you have two equally simple options–using my RSS feed through a service such as Google Reader, or subscribing to posts directly via email.